Brock Lesnar announced Tuesday that they won’t ever return to the UFC and it has signed a multiyear contract to be while using the WWE.
“I’m officially closing the threshold on MMA,” Lesnar, the WWE heavyweight champion, told ESPN’s Michelle Beadle. “It was hard. I re-signed (Monday) night with all the WWE. We located a conclusion the other day. The offer on the table, I merely can’t refuse.”
“It had been a really hard decision in my opinion,” Lesnar told Beadle. “The fighter inside of me really wants to compete. I’m an older caveman now and so i make wiser caveman decisions, so I’m here to state that my legacy in the octagon is finished. My legacy this Sunday in Wrestlemania won’t be my last. It had been a hardcore decision for making. It took me annually to create. Towards the end of waking time is going on me looking to have a good time.”
Lesnar’s contract with WWE was supposed to expire after his appearance on next Monday’s WWE Raw. Speculation ended up occurring for months Lesnar might actually leave WWE and return to the UFC. That speculation intensified when, from a ending up in WWE chairman Vince McMahon, Lesnar walked out of Raw, in which he was likely to appear. 5 days there after, Lesnar appeared at UFC 184 and was shown speaking with UFC president Ufc president dana white.
Lesnar, 37, said he ultimately realized he not even attempt to gain by visiting the adventure where he defeated Randy Couture in his third UFC fight to become world heavyweight champion. He admitted he wrestled while using the decision for a while.
“Going back two months I’ve been training, I have already been training to obtain within the octagon,” Lesnar said. “I felt physically great, but something lacked mentally. That’s not good. I talked to Dana, I talked to (UFC chairman and CEO) Lorenzo (Fertitta), I talked to my partner, I talked to my local freinds. I had many difficulty sleeping about what to do. At the conclusion for the day, it weighed heavily within my heart (that) I was born for being an entertainer. I’ve fun doing it.
“I could resume the octagon, (but) what am I about to gain? I was the UFC heavyweight champion worldwide. On account of my illness my career got clip and that’s God’s suggesting you’re ready go forward. As years passed it wore on me so much that inside fighter within me didn’t want to buy end doing this. I didn’t want to leave the UFC on the losing streak. That’s only the competitive guy inside me.”
Lesnar left the UFC after his first-round loss to Alistair Overeem at UFC 141 in December 2011. He returned to WWE your day after Wrestlemania 28 in April 2012.
“We are really satisfied with where We are at with WWE,” Lesnar said.
WWE executive Paul “Triple H” Levesque touted Lesnar’s re-signing.
.@BrockLesnar is really a global attraction. Content to get him to re-sign a multi-year contract with @WWE. @espn @MichelleDBeadle
— Triple H (@TripleH) March 24, 2015
Lesnar will headline WWE’s biggest event, Wrestlemania 31, Sunday from Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., where he’ll almost certainly defend his title against Roman Reigns.